Protecting Against Credit Card Fraud
Fraud protection practices
- Carry your cards separately from your wallet. It can minimize your losses if someone steals your wallet or purse. And carry only the card you need for that outing.
- During a transaction, keep your eye on your card. Make sure you get it back before you walk away.
- Never sign a blank receipt. Draw a line through any blank spaces above the total.
- Save your receipts to compare with your statement.
- Open your bills promptly — or check them online often — and reconcile them with the purchases you’ve made.
- Report any questionable charges to the card issuer.
- Notify your card issuer if your address changes or if you will be traveling.
- Don’t write your account number on the outside of an envelope
Don’t give your account number to anyone on the phone unless you’ve made the call to a company you know to be reputable. If you’ve never done business with them before, do an online search first for reviews or complaints.
Credit Card Fraud prvention tips:
Don’t carry anything you don’t need in your wallet or purse. This includes your Social Security card, extra credit cards, birth certificate, voter’s registration card and PINs or passwords you’ve written down on paper.
Know what’s in your wallet so you know whom to contact in the event of a lost wallet or stolen wallet. You can make copies of the front and back of your cards, including driver’s license and medical insurance, or write down the account numbers and contact information. Store the copies or list in a secure place at home.
If available, request credit and debit cards with your photo on the front. Instead of signing the back, write “please ask for photo id” to minimize the risk of identity theft and your cards being used by anyone but you.
Help prevent fraud by alerting local law enforcement, your bank, your credit card issuers, your medical insurer, your state’s DMV and other appropriate agencies as soon as you realize you have a lost wallet or stolen wallet situation on your hands.
Credit companies info
MIami homes buyers
- Consejos para mejorar el credito
- senales del robo de identidad
- Cobradores de deuda
- Reaparar errores en el credito
- Estafas de credito
- Reporte de credito gratis
- Robo de identidad
- Telefono y direcciones bure de credito
- Reparar mi credito
- Crear credito rapido
- Manual para reparar credito
- Renta y alquiler en Miami